Are you practicing the virtue of justice? Here are 5 questions to ask yourself or your Ben Franklin Circle.
Franklin’s definition: “Wrong none, by doing injuries or omitting the benefits that are your duty.”
1. Franklin’s definition of justice seems to be “do no harm.” Is that a good definition? What’s your definition of justice? What do you think society’s definition is?
2. The phrase “social justice” gets thrown around a lot. What does it mean exactly? Are “social justice” and “justice” different?
3. Can you think of any paragons of justice?
4. What’s the best way to respond after you’ve been unjust to someone? What’s the best way to respond after someone has been unjust to you?
5. How often do you find yourself speaking out against injustice?