Are you practicing the virtue of cleanliness? Here are 5 questions to ask yourself or your Ben Franklin Circle.
Franklin’s definition: “Tolerate no uncleanness in body, clothes or habitation.”
1. Does cleanliness relate to an ability to think more clearly? Does having a clean desk or a clean home allow you to feel less distracted?
2. Many religious rituals involve cleanliness and are aimed at purification. Why do you think cleanliness is such an important aspect of these rituals, and in religious life more generally?
3. Do you like tidying up and doing chores? If you don’t like doing chores, what are ways to make the experience more pleasurable and fun?
4. How does cleanliness relate to the concept of self-care? How can you practice more self-care?
5. How can we turn the concept of cleanliness outward to help improve the community?